This is a hands-on introduction to FinTech and Blockchains for future data scientists. The course has the following objectives:
- teach blockchain and its technological foundations in a hands-on, code-driven approach
- explore the disruptive potential of digital transformation for financial intermediation
- discuss machine learning strategies that future data scientists should know for FinTech lending and insurance underwriting.
- enable students to run their first project of their own and explore creatively.
- develop the necessary coding skills on the side.
The course is taught as a mix of lectures and lab sessions which teach applied, more technical skills.
Below you can find links to the lecture slides. Any feedback is welcome.
|Lecture 01||Syllabus // Introduction to FinTech||Lab 01||Computing for Financial Applications|
|Lecture 02||Financial Intermediation||Lab 02||Setting up the environment (cont.)|
|Lecture 03||Payment Technology // Foundations of Blockchain||Lab 03||Binary Representations and Merkle Trees|
|Lecture 04||Blockchain: Bitcoin||Lab 04||Setting up Bitcoin|
|Lecture 05||Cryptoeconomics and Blockchain Security||Lab 05||Writing our own blockchain (I)|
|Lecture 06||Smart Contracts, Tokens and ICOs|
|Lecture 07||Distributed Ledgers, Facebook Libra|
|- MIDTERM TEACHING BREAK -|